Company Also Offers ABQ Sunport Transportation & Wine Tours
LOS ALAMOS, NM — In time for the holidays, Los Alamos, New Mexico based company, NM Wine and Scenic Tours, is now offering after hours (after 7 p.m.) taxi service from the Los Alamos/White Rock, NM area to a number of locations, to help reduce the risk of driving while intoxicated. NM Wine and Scenic Tours’ taxi service is also available for pick up and delivery to the Albuquerque Sunport and Santa Fe Municipal Airport, in addition to Buffalo Thunder Resort in Santa Fe; Taos; Albuquerque; and surrounding areas.
“There is currently no easily accessible shuttle service in Los Alamos that offers transportation to and from the city after 7 p.m. for folks who want to enjoy a drink with friends after hours,” said NM Wine and Scenic Tours owner, Cindy Capelli. “The fact that 28 people in the U.S. lose their lives every day in drunk driving crashes drives home the need for a transportation service that doesn’t require you to wait an hour for a ride. Whether visitors need to get picked up from the Albuquerque Sunport and shuttled to Los Alamos; or residents want to enjoy a night on the town in Taos or Santa Fe but return home that evening – this new taxi service makes accessibility easy and affordable.”
New Mexico Wine and Scenic Tours, which began their taxi service on Nov. 19., now offers the service on Thursday and Friday nights until 1 a.m. from Los Alamos/White Rock to surrounding areas; and on Saturdays until 1 a.m. to Santa Fe, Buffalo Thunder Resort, Albuquerque, and surrounding areas. Taxi service on any other day requires an advance reservation.
Cost per person is $20 round trip for service within the Los Alamos/White Rock area. Call for pricing outside the Los Alamos/White Rock area and for group rates for over four passengers. Reservations are required for all rides.
Airport transportation is also available to/from Los Alamos to the Albuquerque Sunport for $75 roundtrip per person. Reservation is required. Maximum capacity is 11 passengers.
New Mexico Wine and Scenic Tours has been Los Alamos’ only wine tour company since May 2011, offering guided wine tours to both Central and Northern NM wineries and microbreweries seven days a week. Visitors and residents alike can taste a number of unique wines and microbrews on the tour, and learn about the area’s history including the fact that NM is the oldest wine producing region in the U.S. Prices for wine tours are $75 for adults; $70 for seniors; and $45 for youth ages 18 years and under. Water and snacks are included. Gratuities for servers and driver not included.
Now through Jan. 31, 2013, NM Wine and Scenic Tours is offering a holiday special where a group of six to ten people can enjoy a Northern NM wine tour for $450.
On Dec. 17, enjoy wine samples from three Northern NM wineries and two microbreweries including: Vivac, Don Quixote Distillery, Black Mesa, La Chiripada, and Blue Heron Microbrewery during a public wine tour. Wine tour includes wine and beer tastings, gourmet lunch at a winery, and transportation. Tour departs from Santa Fe at 11 a.m.; and from Buffalo Thunder at 11:15 a.m. Visit nmwinetours.com for details.
In 2013, NM Wine and Scenic Tours plans to expand its tours to include fishing tours and photography tours in the Jemez Mountains.
Reservations are required for all wine tours and taxi services and can be made online at newmexicowinetour.com or by calling 505-250-8943 or 877-264-9463. NM Wine and Scenic Tours will also be offering service on all holidays including Christmas Eve/Day, and New Year’s Eve/Day.
For more information on NM Wine and Scenic Tours’ new taxi service or to schedule a wine tour, call 505-250-8943 or 877-264-9463; or email Cindy Capelli at nmwinetours(at)aol(dot)com.
Incidentally, Los Alamos Atomic City Transit offers free transit service throughout Los Alamos and White Rock, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Relax and enjoy holiday festivities in Los Alamos during WinterFest 2012, from Dec. 7 through Dec. 9. A list of events during WinterFest include:
- Dec. 7 (2-8 p.m.) and Dec. 8 (10 a.m.-4 p.m.) – The 19th annual Los Alamos Crèche Show featuring a variety of nativity scenes. Free. Located at 1967 18th St.;
- Dec. 7-9 (7 p.m.) – Hansel and Gretel featuring full length ballet. Visit danceartlosalamos.org or call 505-672-9462. Located at Duane Smith Auditorium;
- Dec. 8 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) – Fuller Lodge Holiday Open House featuring live dancing, free treats, Christmas items for sale. Free. Contact Marlane at 505-663-0477 for details;
- Dec. 8 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Dec. 9 (10 a.m.-4 p.m) – Earth Treasure Show featuring silent auction; gems/minerals; stone jewelry for sale; crafts. Email ppbradpp(at)aol.com;
- Dec. 8 (11 a.m.-4 p.m.) – Kids Talk with Santa located at CB Fox. Free;
- Dec. 8 (noon- 2 p.m.) – Holiday Crafts for Kids at Mesa Public Library. Call 505-662-8240;
- Dec. 8 (6 p.m.) – WinterFest Light Parade featuring lighted floats decorated around “Fairytales and Fantasies” theme. Free. Contact Suzette Fox at 505-661-4844;
- Dec. 8 (7 p.m.) – Holiday Prism Concert with Morrie Pongratz, who will narrate the musical, “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” Free. Visit lacw.org. Located at 80 State Road 4;
- Dec. 8 (5-9 p.m.) – Christkindlemarket featuring arts and crafts, German food, and vendor booths. Free. Call 720-496-2321 for details. Located in downtown Los Alamos; and
- Dec. 9 (5-7 p.m.) – North Pole Workshop and Luminaria Walk featuring photographs with Santa, warm drinks, and a complimentary holiday craft. Free. Located at 650 North Mesa;
Other events and activities beyond WinterFest can be found online at fyila.com